Zetta Max IR Surveillance Camera 160° Field of View
EASY COVERT NIGHTTIME RECORDING
Our ZMax infrared covert video recording cam is a very small and versatile recorder that's smaller than a deck of playing cards. The ZMax surveillance camera with IR is the premier recorder of the Zetta Max line. Not only does it have all the same great features of our Zetta Max Micro, but it also has IR so it can still see even in complete darkness. The ZMax IR records in 720P HD and has a 160 degree field of view to capture everything in a 10x20ft area while placed 5 feet back.The Zetta Max can also record not just upon motion detection, but also by using its built-in Passive Infrared (PIR) to trigger recordings based on body heat giving you fewer false motion alerts.
HOW DOES THE Zetta Max Video Recorder Cam Work?
With only one button for powering on and off with a slider switch to change the recording mode from continuous, motion detection or custom settings, this camera is very easy to work with. Plug in an SD Card, put it into whatever record mode you need, hit the power button and set it down. It will have a little green light flashing to indicate it is recording, and an orange light will flash when you turn it on or off. There is a special, free program available for download onto your computer that will allow you to set up lots of other features such as voice activation, low light mode, turn off that tiny power on/record light and even set the date and time.
WHY CHOOSE THIS Security Camera?
In the market for a small camera that can see in the dark? Here is your answer. The built-in Infrared lets the camera see about 10-15ft in complete darkness, which makes this camera a good solution for monitoring a business after hours or catching your child sneaking around after curfew.
The Zetta Max with IR has a nice, wide field of view to cover the largest area possible, which would be perfect when placed in a corner of a room. While in the car the camera, when creatively placed, will be able to cover the driver and passenger seat and possibly the backseat of an average compact or midsize car.
The Zetta Max has the longest lasting battery in our ZMax line with up to 12 hours of life when set to motion or continuous recording and up to 180 days in standby when set in PIR or vibration mode. The Zmax intelligent security hidden camera also has input/output contacts. You'll be able to set up this surveillance camera to have its recording triggered from many types of other devices, such as motion sensors and smoke detectors, which can also greatly extended the battery life.
When the battery is fully depleted, it'll take up to 8 hours for a full recharge. By inserting a 128GB SD card, you can acquire more than 96 hours of continuous 720P video. Windows and Mac compatible, use Windows Media player or VLC Media player to play your recordings. Also, there is a wonderful tool available for download from the manufacturer for use with a Windows or a Mac computer so that you can configure the custom settings.
- Use PIR Trigger for long stand by times in areas people normally do not go
- Log the incidents of Maintenance Men coming in when they're not needed
- See if you were justified in being suspicious of your House Guests
- Check for improper care taking in an Assisted Living environment
- Observe Care Givers when you lose confidence in their work
- Record what happens when the Baby-sitter is around
- Covertly witness the Housekeeper stealing "tips"
- Watch for Trespassers at your Vacation Home
- Observe your Spouse while you're away
- Security camera for your car or truck
- Gather evidence of Child Abuse
- Dash camera for a vehicle
- Document Kids' behavior
- Monitor for Drug Abuse
- Day/Night recording mode: Set to "day mode" if the environment always has sufficient light. Set to "night mode" to turn on the IR night vision. Set to "auto" if the lighting conditions change throughout the day
- External trigger record function: Z-Max can be triggered by external devices such as smoke detectors, vibration detectors, door/window sensors & more
- Variable record resolution: Use 1280x720 for Hi-definition video or standard definition @ 640x480 to record for longer periods
- Multi auto-start modes: Connect to a 5V DC adapter or car adapter with the ability to turn on/off when the car turns on/off
- PIR triggered recording: Select this to record only when body heat affects the ambient temperature in a room
- 24/7 Scheduled recording: mark specific hours and days for different recording triggers
- Disable audio recording: If you don't need to record audio disable it and save room
- Review footage off SD card using a Windows PC or Mac computer
- No gap video: can be set to record in 10 / 15 / 20 minute maximum portions
- Motion recording: Save memory by only recording when camera sees movement
- Voice-Trigger Recording: Variable sensitivity to noise activated recording
- Time & date stamp video files using the Custom Settings program
- Supports up to a 128GB memory card
- 180 days standby time using Vibration or PIR triggering
- Up to 12 hours battery in continuous recording mode
- Can see up to 8-10FT in low light
- Vibration activated recording
- Zetta Max IR Security Camera - 160° FOV
- 5V DC Adapter
- USB 2.0 cable
- User Manual
- 1 Year Manufacturers Warranty
Not the Right Zetta Max Recorder for Your Situation? We have a Robust Line of ZMax Options that will Fit Any Situation
Zetta Max Micro Camera - Need the smallest possible camera with the longest battery life? Smaller than a stack of business cards with an 8 hour battery, this compact camcorder saves video at 640x480 and records either all the time, with motion triggers, or can even run for up to 3 months using vibration triggers. As with all models of the ZMax family, this camcorder can record audio as well as video. Click Here
Zetta Max Swivel Security Camera Rotatable 180° Lens - Do you need a camera that could be placed in different areas of a room? Our ZMax Swivel has you covered with its' 160 degree field of view, high def 720p video camera that can rotate around 180 degrees to get the angle you need. Along with all our other Zetta Max cameras, the ZMax Swivel can record audio. Leave it in an area for up to 10 hours of battery life, or keep it plugged into a wall so it's always on, always watchful. Click Here
WiFi Zetta Max Mini Security Camera 160° Degree Lens - Love the Zetta Max family, but need something with remote access? The ZMax Wifi is tied to the WiFi of a location so you can see and hear everything with a live stream to your smartphone or tablet, with push notifications to alert you when motion is detected. The camcorder records video at 1280x720 resolution and can record for a maximum of 8 hours before running out of power, unless you leave it plugged into a wall. Click Here
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 45degC (32 to 113degF)
- Watch Recordings on PC or MAC
- Measurements: 4.0 x 2.25 x 1.0 Inches
- Battery: 1200mAh 3.7V Li-ion battery
- 5V Power Supply: 5V, 600mA DC adapter with mini USB out
- Power Consumption: 100mA
- IR Distance: 8-10FT
- Charge Time: 6-8 Hours
- Nonstop Record Time: Maximum 12 hours
- Standby Time: Maximum 180 days (Using PIR trigger & power saving mode with fully charged battery)
- Sensor Quality: 1280x720
- Sensor Sensitivity: 1.3V/lux-sec
- Sensor FOV: 160 Degree Field of View
- Audio Recorder: Speech grade
- Memory: Max 128GB SD Card
- Memory Consumption: 15 minute/GB (high frame rate) 1 hour/GB (low frame rate)
- Recording Picture: HD 720p (1280x720) or 360p (640x360)
- Video Compression: JPEG
- Audio Recording: 12kSps, 8bit
- Audio Compression: PCM
- File Format: AVI
- USB: Mass storage device
- OS supported: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, Mac OS X
Q: How much average battery life can I expect?
A: You can get up to 12 hours of battery with motion detection or continuous recording modes. You can also set the device to record based on Body Heat triggering, which will put it in standby for up to 180 days.
Q: I bought a 64GB/128GB card but it's not working.
A: You'll need to download the free Zetta Widget in order to format the card to enable use in the unit.
Q:What field of view will I get?
A:You will get a 160 degree field of view.
Q:What is the video quality?
A:This unit records Hi-Definition video at 720P (1280x720)
Q: How does the device detect movement?
A: Through the Zetta Widget you can set the unit to use a passive infrared sensor to detect heat like a driveway alert kit does or a motion sensor for an alarm system. This helps cut down on false alerts and allows for maximum battery life. If you use just the motion detection preset, it'll work off of visual changes of the environment.
Q: I did the custom settings for different triggers, but it didn't record the event, what happened?
A: The device utilizes a PIR trigger, a vibration trigger or an audio trigger that can be customized through the widget. Since the triggers can sometimes kick on when nothing is there and miss crucial events it's recommended to only use this mode once you've done a few tests in the area you will be using this hidden camera.
Q: How good is the audio on the device?
A: In a quiet environment, you can expect about a 10-15ft radius to clearly capture audio. All environments are different though, and it's recommended to perform a few tests to make sure that the audio will capture what you need.
Q: How good is the video? Can I see License Plates?
A: This unit is not built to capture license plates specifically, in the right situation, at the right height and in optimal settings (day time) you may be able to get a license plate. The camera records at 1280 x 720 resolution (HD Quality). We recommend performing a test run and adjust the location of the camera to make sure you can get the data needed.
Q: I want to use it to protect my car, will it still work on a hot summer day?
A: The device can still work at 113°F, beware that it will be much hotter inside of a car. If you absolutely need to use this device on a hot summer day, we recommend to park your car in the shade.
Q: Why is the night vision not working?
A: The night vision mode is not a default setting, in order to turn this mode on make sure the device is set in custom setting mode, and turn on the IR in the application software.
Q: How well does the night vision work?
A: Roughly 10-15Ft.
Q: Is the video date and time stamped?
Q: Whats the largest SD card I can use?
Q:Which media player do you recommend for playback?
A:We highly recommend that you download VLC Media Player it's a free download and works with Windows and Mac computers.
Q: Can I download my videos on a PC and Mac?
A: Yes. If you own a Mac we recommend downloading VLC media player for Macs to view your recorded videos.
Mon-Fri 10am to 6pm CST
Support Centre Videos - Windows Computers
Low Quality vs High Quality Hidden Camera Equipment Review
How To Set up Time and Date For the Zetta Max IR Hidden Recorder Spy Cam
Hi, I am going to be very honest here about the Zetta Zir32. The item is one of a kind, with lots of customizable option, a lot of sensors and great battery life, which I have not see anywhere. The only culprit I found is the video quality 720p with 20fps is not working out well for what I need. (Trying to catch a car thief, by attaching the Zetta to my car visor) in underground parking garage with decent light. It may work much better for indoor purposes.
Hi, I got the camera but didn't have the chance to use it yet but as soon as I did I will definitely write a review thanks.
My old Zetta IR (infer-red) did so well I had to buy another one. It not only recorded flawlessly, but the audio was beyond anything I would have expected it would be. It ended up being a bonus since I didn't know I needed the audio during a break in. Only finding out that people discuss the gloat about the current situation and others. So, it can be a great relief to somebody else once hearing about the criminals tactics and any plots on your own home that could involve other people in the future. Even where they plan on taking your stuff if burglary is the issue. Another one is needed and I rely on this visual aspect of the camera to catch the detail the old one gave me to catch a family member vandalize my property and the home to try and force whatever wont be forced to me. Needed always.
Easy to use, good night vision, good battery life. Only complaint is manual says it works with 64GB SD card but it did not work with the one I purchased. Called and asked they recommended using a 32GB SD card.
Thank you for your review! The device can use a 64GB and can even use up to a 128GB, but there's something special you'll need to do with the SD card and a computer program acquired from the support section of the product page, so give us a call at 1-800-292-7748 and we'll help you out with that. We are here Monday through Saturday, 10am to 6pm CST.
Good security camera, good video quality, long battery life, and it can see day or night. Highly recommend this.