SmartBox Pro GPS Tracker Kit
THE POWER OF ASSET MANAGEMENT AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Managing a company fleet with perishable goods can be a tedious and taxing process, fraught with inadequate or incomplete reporting by drivers in tracking the mileage, addresses visited or the time taken to and from destinations. Some even require certain tilt, light, or temperature exposure instructions to be followed, becoming tantamount to product condition and quality.
Our solution to all these sources of anxiety is the SmartBox Pro GPS Tracker. With the same weatherized case, rubberized magnets, and extended battery as the SmartBox Lite, an added environmental probe measures altitude, tilt, light, temperature, and humidity. This probe will report on the surroundings of your precious and fragile cargo within the same GPS tracking system. Even such a powerhouse of a device can be tracked via a simple phone application, Motomon GPS Tracking, with map integration and the ability to view the history of travel up to 24 months back!
HOW DOES THE SMARTBOX WORK?
The SmartBox solution can solve all these difficult and disturbing problems. Built inside the weatherized case is a module for GPS tracking, the battery pack, and a sensor probe that measures different metrics for various purposes. A cellular SIM card is activated by a monthly subscription, which sends all the data to online servers. This GSM localization feature sends location updates to the servers whenever the GPS signal is lost, like when placed within a shipping container or parking garage.
The operation and configuration of the device take place on web-based software from a desktop computer. Through this interface, the unit will show its location on a map and overlay a representation of the route taken on the screen. Several types of reports can be generated for different types of incidents, from crossing GeoFence boundaries to excessive tilting or light exposure. Current and historical location data is also available through an application on iOS or Android devices.
WHAT IS THE ENVIRONMENTAL PROBE FOR?
A probe built inside the case has a bank of sensors designed to measure the environment around itself, providing the user with various useful information streams.
- The air pressure barometer can be used to determine sea level.
- The G-sensor operates to monitor for an accident or other significant shock to the vehicle.
- The thermometer measures the temperature and is used for climate-controlled areas or products.
- For boxes containing fragile materials that cannot be tipped over, the built-in tilt sensing inclinometer has you covered.
- A hydrometer for humidity can let the user know if the beacon passed through any rainy areas or if there is a leak in a sealed container.
- Some materials may even be light-sensitive. So perhaps you need to be sure that the package is not opened before it reaches its destination: for that, use the light detecting photoresistor.
WHAT TYPES OF REPORTS CAN BE GATHERED?
To make management decisions on any of these metrics, reports can be generated and scheduled for accounting or other safety or personal reasons. Generate reports for purposes ranging from:
- See where and when the beacon crossed state lines
- Checking the mileage driven for engine maintenance
- Time spent in/out of an area, such as the fleet parking lot
- Over 100 different types of reports are available within the system
- Research reasons for excessive idling in areas within and outside of normal deliveries
- Review GeoFence crossings when a tracker passes in or out of an area you've drawn on a map
- Investigate reasons for frequent locations being visited if you're worried about infidelity or company time being wasted
WHY CHOOSE THE SMARTBOX TRACKING UNIT?
This live GPS tracking device is a perfect solution to many different problems. Of course, your particular use-case may not utilize some of these features; however, the amazing battery life and the range of different environmental sensors, along with the GPS module, creates the potential for the unit to be used in a variety of ways.
- Got a large fleet? Add as many trackers as needed to your account.
- Tracking a person? Use the magnets or the strap holes to affix the SmartBox to a vehicle and track where it goes.
- Keeping an eye on an unused trailer? Mark on the forms you wish to have updates every 10 minutes for up to 4-5 months of standby time.
- Shipping fragile medical supplies that need to be kept safe? Throw the SmartBox into the trailer to measure temperatures, watch for exposure with light levels, or check for excessive tilting.
Whether you're monitoring a fleet of trucks, a small fleet of family vehicles, or tracking down a person or fragile package, use the SmartBox to provide you with the peace of mind you need to ensure costs are covered, that lies are found out, or that packages arrive at their destination with proper care.
- Saves up to 24 months of historical data
- Free Computer, iOS, or Android applications
- Rechargeable battery gains a full charge in 3 hours
- Calendar navigation makes it easy to look through historical data
- Real-Time GPS Tracking on a map, with built-in motion detection to save power
- 3-axis accelerometer detects motion for an extended battery life of up to 4-5 months
- GSM Localization allows tracking even without a GPS signal, marking each cellular tower it connects with during travel
- Report generation for various metrics like start and stop times, locations frequently visited, sudden shocks such as emergency braking or accidents, location data for a single day or longer time period
- Dustproof and weatherized construction of the casing, with built-in magnets and two-strap holes for mounting to different kinds of surfaces
- Environmental Probe monitors light levels for photo-sensitive shipments, measure pressure in kPa to determine altitude, check for tilting of fragile packages, gauge humidity to evaluate for water damage, or assess the temperature for refrigerated goods
- User Manual, 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- SmartBox Pro GPS Tracker Kit
- Charging Dock, Cable for Charging, Rubber Plugs, and String
- GPS activation: Built into the total price
- Data plan: $39.99 **No contracts pay month to month**
- Activate same day if GPS forms received before 4 pm CST
- Daily Pro-rated amount $1.33
- Weight: 1 lb
- Charge Time: 3 Hours
- GPS Antenna: Internal
- Battery Life: 4-5 months
- IP52 Weatherized Casing
- Cellular Antenna: Internal
- Rechargeable Battery: Yes
- GPS Updates: 5-10 minutes
- Position Accuracy: 2.5 meters
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 4 x 1.5 inches
- Operating temperature: -4° F to 149° F
Q: How long does the battery last?
A: With 10-minute updates, it is possible to attain up to 4-5 months of battery with this unit.
Q: Where is the "on" button?
A: There is no power button; it will wake up when it detects that it is in motion.
Q: Can I follow the device to the last reported location?
A: When stopped, the device will report where it has come to rest, and it will put this on a map. A neat feature within the MotoMon GPS application is that it can connect with Google or Apple maps to start a route from your location to the area of the tracker's last known position.
Q: Can I look at the history?
A: With a calendar navigation tool, you can pick which day and which trip you want to look at on the map or go to the Reports section to download a list of the visited addresses for various time periods.