The Ring Wifi Video Doorbell
ANSWERING THE DOOR JUST GOT SO MUCH EASIER
No one wants to be stuck at the house waiting for a delivery that should show up within an 8 hour window. Worried that someone will steal the package if you're not there to answer the door? Never worry again with the Ring Video Doorbell!
This device is not just a doorbell, the Ring Video Doorbell will actually notify you when you have visitors at your front door through your smartphone and allow you to see, hear, and speak with anyone at the door, even while you're not there! Tied to the WiFi of your home, feel free to head out for lunch, go to work or take a vacation with the peace of mind that you'll know if and when someone approaches your home while you're away.
How to Install the Ring Video Doorbell
HOW DOES THE RING VIDEO DOORBELL WORK?
The Ring Video Doorbell can be battery powered or hard-wired using your existing doorbell's power supply cables. It has all of two buttons on the device; one for the doorbell on the front, and an orange one in the back for it to emit a WiFi signal that you can find and connect to using the Ring app on a smartphone. The app guides you through the set up process, such as giving the device a GPS location, a name (such as “Front Door”) and tying it to the WiFi network of the home so you can be alerted on your smartphone as to motion being detected in front of the camera or even just if the doorbell is rung, even while you're not home.
From there, the Ring has a mount that you screw onto the wall with an included screwdriver or the included drill bit (for harder surfaces such as brick), and the Ring fits snugly onto this mount with the added feature of Ring's proprietary security screws that can only be unscrewed with a special screwdriver (included in your kit) and will guard against anyone trying to steal your doorbell. If you wish to hard-wire the Ring Video Doorbell and not leave it just battery powered, you would remove your existing doorbell and pull the power wires through the hole on the Ring's wall mount and tie them to the positive and negative terminals, then mount the Ring and set the security screws.
WHY CHOOSE THE RING VIDEO DOORBELL?
The Ring WiFi Video Doorbell is an easy, DIY solution and can be used to guard against packages being stolen off your porch, see who that nighttime visitor is, or to keep tabs on what's happening while you're away on vacation. Set up takes all of five minutes to complete, and the design of the product allows for it to be battery powered for a super easy installation, or hard-wired so you can just set it and leave it to work. You do not need to subscribe to the Cloud Storage service in order for the Ring to work, but if you wish to record what happens for later review, the Cloud Storage is only $3 a month or $30 for a whole year, and is easy to navigate. With the WiFi remote accessibility, a 720p resolution camera, 2 way intercom, night vision and motion detection sensor, go to sleep or leave the house unattended with the peace of mind that you'll be notified if anything happens.
Not going to hard-wire the Ring Video Doorbell to your existing doorbell's power supply? Use the Ring Chime so you still have a working doorbell for your home. Check out the Ring Chime here.
Need a higher resolution video doorbell with even better motion detection features? Check out the Pro 1080P Ring Video Doorbell here.
Want to add another Ring Camera to your home, but don't need another doorbell stuck in a random spot? Check out The Ring Stick Up Cam here.
WHAT ARE THE FEATURES OF THE RING VIDEO DOORBELL?
- Remote accessibility: Remotely access the system from almost anywhere in the world to interact with anyone outside your home using your iPhone or android smartphone with this device connected to the WiFi of the home.
- Motion detection: The ring video doorbell is more than just a doorbell; It is a motion detection camera that will alert your smartphone even if no one rings the doorbell.
- Easy installation: The ring comes with the tools you need for an easy installation, and the smartphone app is simply to navigate and set up, all of which takes only minutes to complete.
- Ring's lifetime purchase protection: The ring doorbell attaches to its mounting plate using a proprietary screw for security. If your doorbell gets stolen, don’t worry - we’ll replace it. For free.
- 2 Way intercom: Hear and speak with anyone on the other side of your doorbell.
- 720p HD camera: Get a clear, wide-angle image of the environment of the ring.
- Dual power options: The ring video doorbell can be hard-wired using the existing doorbell's power supply or left as battery powered for easy installation.
- Outdoor rated housing
- Night vision: Infrared LED's to see up to 30ft at night
- Cloud recording: Missed a ring? Never worry with the optional cloud storage which allows you to see everything you missed.
WHAT CAN THE RING VIDEO DOORBELL BE USED FOR?
- See, hear, and speak with whoever is on the other side of the door
- Protecting deliveries made while you're away
- Motion Detection Security Camera
- Protection of property at night
- Catching would-be burglars checking to see if you're home
- Pretend you're home when you really aren't
WHAT DOES THE RING VIDEO DOORBELL INCLUDE?
- The Ring Wifi Video Doorbell
- Micro USB charging cable
- Mounting bracket and level
- Screwdriver bit
- Drill bit
- Wood screws
- Masonry screws and anchors
- Users manual
- Warranty: 1 Year on Parts, Lifetime Purchase Protection
- Dimensions: 4.98 in. x 2.43 in. x 0.87 in.
- Weight: 9.1 oz
- Battery: 5,200 mAh
- Low Voltage Transformer Power Compatibility / Input: 8-24 VAC
- Micro USB Charging Port Power Input: 5 VDC
- Camera: 1280 x 720 CMOS
- Field of View: 180 degrees
- Video: HD (720p)
- Encryption: Bank-grade
- Audio: Two-way talk with active noise cancellation
- Night Vision: infrared LEDs
- Warranty: 1 year on parts, lifetime purchase protection
- Operating Temperature: -5°F - 120°F
- Certified for outdoor use
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS AND SPECS
- iOS® or Android™ mobile device.
- Minimum OS requirements are iOS® 7+ or Android™ 4.0+, respectively.
- Wi-Fi internet connection (802.11 b/g/n 2.4Ghz)
Q: How long does it take to charge?
A: If you're using the battery for the Ring's power source, plugged into a wall with a 2.1amp power supply will get it fully charged in about 5 hours. You would not need to do this if it were hard-wired to the existing doorbell's power supply.
Q: How can I tell when the Ring Video Doorbell is fully charged?
A: The Ring's circular light around the doorbell will shine blue with a full charge.
Q: Do I need special software to play back the recordings?
A: You would need to activate the optional Cloud Storage for it to record anything and the Ring app to view your recordings on your smartphone.
Q: Whats the battery life?
A: The Ring Video Doorbell should operate for about 1 year with 3 activation's a day.
Q: Do I need to be connected to WiFi to access the Ring remotely?
A: No, it can use your smartphone's data stream in case you are not around any WiFi network.
Q: Do I need WiFi at my home for the device to work?
A: Yes, the Ring needs to connect to your home's WiFi network in order to operate.