LOCATE HIDDEN CAMERAS WITH THIS SIMPLE AND EASY-TO-USE CAMERA FINDER
This new model in our line of camera lens finders is probably the best we've seen. This device has the normal bank of red LEDs that flash in the normal visual spectrum, which would then have you looking through the red film on the casing to block out other colors as you scan the room, looking for a reflection from something such as a hidden camera lens. What makes this unit special is that along with this standard feature, it also has an LCD screen used to find invisible infrared night-vision LED's that humans cannot see, and the package comes with a 940nm IR LED that you can use to test this feature!
HOW DOES THE LENS FINDER AND LCD SCREEN WORK?
As with a normal camera detector, this device has a bank of six red LEDs that flash, which you would then shine onto each surface of your home, over the walls, and knick-knacks to see if you can find any suspicious pinprick reflection that could be a camera. However, be aware that you can get false positives from things like TV remotes or TVs themselves, as they each have little LED's on them for signal transmission and on/off indicators. With that in mind, be sure that when you find a reflection, you are moving from side to side or picking the device up and turning it around in your hands to figure if you can get the reflection from any angle or just from a small range of area; as a LED bulb sticks out from a base, reflections can be seen from any angle. However, camera lenses are concave and would only reflect the light into its field of view. Weaving back and forth or walking from one end of the room to the other from the farthest distance to right up on top of the reflection will also help you determine the field of view.
The 2 inch LCD, however, puts this detector a couple of rungs higher than the rest. This allows the detector to locate infrared LEDs that are invisible to the human eye. Perhaps, on a security camera, you may easily find the soft glow of IR light they use for night vision even with just the naked eye; however, some manufacturers of hidden cameras have gotten quite adept at hiding this tell-tale feature of night-vision video recording, and low-glow infrared has become very popular. When the screen is turned on with a two-second click of the left-hand button, you can scan it around any room after you've turned the lights off to find suspiciously bright lights that you cannot see with your own eyes. Inside the box comes a separate 940nm IR LED that you can power on with the included micro USB cable and then use to test this special feature.
WHY CHOOSE THIS CAMERA DETECTOR?
Not only can this model utilize a bank of LED lights to reflect against hidden camera lenses, but the additional 2" LCD screen allows you to find camera lenses as well as infrared bulbs that are used for night vision video recording. It is an effortless device to operate, with only one button to turn on or off the flashing LED lights and another button to start up or turn off the LCD screen. Tapping the light button while turned on will increase the rate of flashing lights up to three times before cycling back to the slower flashing rate, helping determine if you are finding a flickering reflection among your decorations and appliances around the home. You won't have to worry about spending money on batteries or cables, as it comes with a built-in rechargeable battery. When fully charged, this device can last for 2 hours of continuous use.
- Detects camera lenses from 3 inches to 30 feet
- Find hidden video equipment at your work or home
- Incredibly easy to use with a built-in rechargeable battery
- Built-in 2" LCD screen helps find invisible 940nm infrared LED's
- Includes a practice pinhole camera lens and 940nm IR illuminator
- Light and portable. Perfect when vacationing or traveling for work
- Detect wireless or wired hidden camera lenses at home or the office
- Handheld and portable, take with you on vacation to locate spy cameras in hotels, motels, and BnB's
- User Manual, 90 Day Manufacturer's Warranty
- Camera Detector with LCD IR Finder
- Practice camera lens and 940nm IR LED, Charging Cable
- 6 Red LED's
- 2" LCD Screen
- Weight: 1.91oz
- Battery Life: 2 hours
- Locate 940nm IR LEDs
- Charge Time: 3-4 hours
- Battery Type: Rechargeable
- Product Dimensions: 4 x 2.7 x 0.5 inches
- Camera Detection Range: 3 inches to 30 feet
Q: Can it also detect RF signals?
A: No, this model does not look for transmitting signals.
Q: From how far back can I detect cameras?
A: Really, for the flashing LEDs, you're going to want to get as close as possible to whatever device you're trying to identify as recording equipment. You may find a flickering light from halfway across the room, but you're not going to be able to identify the device as malicious or benign until you get up to it and examine it. To find invisible night-vision LEDs, be sure the lights are turned off as cameras would not produce infrared with the lights on. You may find infrared light, which people cannot see at greater distances due to how light travels, but this will depend on how much power and brightness the LEDs put off.
Q: I'm finding flashing reflections everywhere. Why?
A: You may find some false positives around your home or office, depending on how many electronic devices are in the area. Most of them have some light being emitted at times to find some reflections in normal locations. This is part of why we do not suggest trying to detect lenses from a distance and getting instead as close as possible to the suspected surreptitious video recorder.
Q: When charging, the screen isn't going off. Is that normal?
A: Yes, it is. The screen comes on and stays on while charging, showing you the battery life indicator on display. For this reason, we suggest not to leave it plugged in for more than the recommended 3-4 hours to gain a full charge.
HOW DO I RETURN?
- Visit our returns center - Click Here
- Enter your order number and email address to start
- Follow the instructions and select the items you want to return
- If your item is eligible for a return or exchange, select that product
- Once your request is approved, you will get a confirmation email with shipping guidelines
WHAT ITEMS ARE RETURNABLE?
- Most items are returnable; view list below for non-refundable items
- Within 30 days from the date of purchase
- In unused and resellable condition
- In the original packaging with all the tags intact
- All returns or exchanges received damaged, showing obvious signs of use, missing accessories, warranty seals cut, or returned with damaged or missing product packaging may be subject to a 20% restocking fee
- Items sent back without an RMA # are subject to a 40% restocking fee
WHAT ITEMS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE?
- Bug Detectors and Counter Surveillance Products
- Pro Telephone Voice Transformer Kit
- Computer and Cell Phone Software
- GPS Trackers, GPS Service Plans, GPS Activations or Accessories
- Standard and Priority Overnight Shipping
CAN ITEMS BE EXCHANGED?
We will gladly exchange any items for something of equal or greater value within the first 30 days of purchase.
Please Note: If you're exchanging a non-refundable item for a refundable item, that new product will not be eligible for a money-back refund.
WHAT ARE THE REFUND OPTIONS?
- Refund to the original payment method
- Purchases made using cryptocurrency fall under the same exchange and return policies as regular fiat money purchases. Refunds processed are sent to the same wallet used at the time of sale. These refunds will be totaled in USD at the exchange rate for that currency at the time of reimbursement.
HOW DO I SHIP BACK THE ITEMS?
For instructions on how to ship the returned products, refer to the email received after placing the return request.
HOW SOON WILL I GET MY REFUND?
Once your returned item is received and inspected, you will be notified within 48 business hours by email that the refund has been completed. Refunds can take 7-14 business days to show up in your account.
MY QUESTION IS NOT ADDRESSED
If you have any queries regarding your return or refund, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and order number for reference.
90-DAY WARRANTY ON ALL PRODUCTS EXCEPT THE FOLLOWING
- 1 Year Warranty on Voice Recorders
- 1 Year Warranty on Hidden Cameras
- 1 Year Warranty on GPS Trackers
- 1 Year Warranty on Dashboard Cameras
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
I didn't find anything, thankfully! The device is small and portable and is perfect for me. I often travel out of state and stay in hotels.
Works as advertised. The package got to me quickly. Thank you!