GL Miniature GPS Tracker
GLOBAL POSITIONING POWER IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND
This was as close to the movies as we could get! The GL tracker is a powerhouse of the GPS tracking community...and in such a tiny package! At less than three inches long and less than two inches wide, and weighing in at 60g, this compact beacon of position data is quite versatile.
This small beacon of geo-positional data can be an essential tool for reporting mileage on company vehicle use, state-line crossings for tracking packages or deliveries in town, courier services, or the family vehicle. The GL has a built-in panic button to use if an emergency response is required, necessary for any investigative reporter, in elderly care, or during contentious child custody battles.
The robust software used for tracking these beacons' positions allows the user to log in remotely on a computer or smartphone application, wherever they may be, to see where the GL is at that moment or from 24 months past. Conduct all administrative duties through this intuitive web service, from power management to downloading any of 100 various types of available data reports, or perform spot checks throughout the day using the applications for iOS or Android devices.
HOW DOES THIS MINI GPS TRACKER WORK?
The GL requires a monthly subscription to send all this valuable data to the website interface, which has a secondary function of GSM localization. If the GPS signal is lost, like when it goes under a bridge, between many tall buildings, or when it goes inside a delivery truck, it will switch to GSM and track via the SIM card. It will ping against each cellular tower that it passes, which is less accurate than actual GPS tracking via satellites, but it still offers a general idea of where to look if needing to find the beacon.
Within the interface, calendar navigation of the past 24 months allows for bookkeeping and auditing of records. Keep an eye on the movement of however many beacons you need to add to an account, be it a fleet of trucks or a small herd of children. Track the mileage driven, record any violations of speed limits you've set, and mark any new locations frequently visited, all within this interface.
A feature for power management uses an internal 3-axis accelerometer to detect motion and initiate tracking or keep the device in a low-power state while not moving, providing up to 400 hours standby time. With an update interval of 5 minutes, you could get up to 120 hours of driving time battery or 180 hours with 10-minute updates.
WHAT CAN THE REPORTS SECTION TELL ME?
Options for report generation are numerous, though not all types apply to the GL. Export any of these data sets into Excel spreadsheets for easy analysis and later review.
- Schedule maintenance of the engine according to mileage reports
- Set limits on speed and be notified of violations
- Sketch a GeoFence onto a map and get notified of travel into or out of this area
- Find reasons why unknown locations are visited often
- Check for use after authorized hours
- Investigate children skipping school
WHY CHOOSE THIS TRACKING UNIT?
For jobs large and small, this powerful piece of tracking technology has robust software to handle all of your needs.
- Are you sending the kids off with a new car? The GL's small body enables covert placement to help them feel independent while you can breathe easily.
- Are you operating the company fleet? Check historical data from up to 24 months past, and add as many devices as you need to the same account.
- Are you a reporter heading to cover a protest or making deliveries in the snow? If you get in some trouble, there is a built-in panic button that will notify an emergency contact.
- During child custody cases, it may be necessary to throw this in with a kid's bag to monitor for unsanctioned travel.
- Achieve peace of mind knowing your assets and family are safe with the GL300!
With long battery life and a minuscule casing, the GL can be thrown into a package to ensure it gets there within a certain amount of time. Keep it in a glove compartment to investigate your suspicions of infidelity or verify children's honesty and their use of the car. Follow your skip-trace target using it with this magnetic case, or make sure your trailer stays put at the storage facility. Send it with your child when traveling or during custody battles and get notified if the SOS panic button gets pushed. Use them to make business decisions on payroll, reprimands for company time wasted or exceeding speed limits, or help plan the most efficient route.
PAIR THIS DEVICE WITH
- 3-axis accelerometer detects motion for an extended battery life of up to 400 hours of standby time!
- Track positions even with a loss of GPS signal! GSM localization accuracy increases or decreases depending on the number of cell towers pinged.
- Over 100 types of reports available: start/stop times, locations visited, speed-limit violations, state-line crossings, etc.
- Computer, iOS, or Android mobile applications
- 24 months of historical data
- Panic SOS button to alert emergency contacts of trouble
- User Manual, 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
- GL Miniature GPS Tracker
- Charge Cable
- GPS activation: Built into the total price
- Data plan: $39.99 **No contracts pay month to month**
- Activate same day if GPS forms received before 4 pm CST
- Daily Pro-rated amount $1.33
- Weight: 60g (2.12oz)
- Indicator: LED CEL and GPS
- Waterproofing: IPX5 Compliant
- Cellular Antenna: Internal antenna
- GPS Antenna: Internal patch antenna
- Backup Battery: Li-Polymer, 1300 mAh
- Position Accuracy: Autonomous: < 2.5m
- Dimensions: 2.70”(L) × 1.52”(W) × 0.93”(H)
- Operating Temperature -20℃(-4°F) ~ +55℃(131°F)
- Quad band: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz, Compliant to GSM phase 2/2+, -Class 4 (2W @ 850 / 900 MHz), -Class 1 (1W @ 1800 / 1900 MHz)
- Digital Inputs/Outputs: Configurable I/Os, one positive trigger for the ignition, one special I/O available as a negative trigger digital input or an open-drain output with 150 mA max drive current
Q: How does the device need to be placed?
A: It needs to face up to the sky or down to the ground to bounce the signal back to the sky, and it cannot be surrounded by metal.
Q: Can I follow the device to the last reported location?
A: You could follow it in real-time, or you could ping a certain or the last known location so you can get to that position.
Q: Can I look at the history?
A: Yes, with calendar navigation, you may click on any day within the past 24 months to check the available data.