ZMax Hidden Security Camera - IR
EASY COVERT NIGHTTIME RECORDING WITH THE IR ZETTA MAX HIDDEN SECURITY CAMERA!
Our Zetta Max Hidden Security Camera is a very small and versatile recorder that's smaller than a deck of playing cards. The ZMax covert security camera with IR is the premier recorder of the Zetta Max line. Not only does it have all the same great features of our Zetta Max Micro, but it also has IR so it can still see even in complete darkness. The ZMax IR records in 720P HD and has a 160 degree field of view to capture everything in a 10 x 20ft area while placed 5 feet back.The Zetta Max can also record not just upon motion detection, but also by using its built-in Passive Infrared (PIR) to trigger recordings based on body heat giving you fewer false motion alerts.
HOW DOES THE IR ZMAX HIDDEN SECURITY CAMERA WORK?
With only one button for powering on and off with a slider switch to change the recording mode from continuous, motion detection or custom settings, this camera is very easy to work with. Plug in an SD Card, put it into whatever record mode you need, hit the power button and set it down. It will have a little green light flashing to indicate it is recording, and an orange light will flash when you turn it on or off. There is a special, free program available for download onto your computer that will allow you to set up lots of other features such as voice activation, low light mode, turn off that tiny power on/record light and even set the date and time.
WHY CHOOSE THE IR ZETTA MAX HIDDEN SECURITY CAMERA?
Have you been searching for a small spy camera that can see in the dark? Here is your answer. The built-in Infrared lets the camera see about 10-15ft in complete darkness, which makes this camera a good solution for monitoring a business after hours or catching your child sneaking around after curfew.
The Zetta Max with IR has a nice, wide field of view to cover the largest area possible, which would be perfect when placed in a corner of a room. While in the car the camera, when creatively placed, will be able to cover the driver and passenger seat and possibly the backseat of an average compact or mid-size car.
The Zetta Max IR has the longest battery life in our ZMax line with up to 12 hours of life when set to motion or continuous recording and up to 180 days in standby when set in PIR or vibration mode. The ZMax Intelligent Security Hidden Camera also has input/output contacts. You'll be able to set up the Zetta Max to have its recording triggered from any number of other devices, such as motion sensors and smoke detectors, which can also greatly extended the battery life.
When the battery is fully depleted, it'll take up to 8 hours for a full recharge. By inserting a 32GB SD Card, you can acquire up to 8 hours of continuous 720p video. Windows and Mac compatible, use Windows Media Player or VLC Media Player to review your files. Also, there is a wonderful tool available for download from the manufacturer for use with a Windows or a Mac computer so that you can configure the custom settings.
What Can the Zetta Max Hidden Security Camera be Used for?
- Record what happens when the Baby-sitter is around
- Covertly witness the Housekeeper stealing "tips"
- Watch for Trespassers at your Vacation Home
- Use PIR Trigger for long stand by times in areas people normally do not go
- See if you were justified in being suspicious of your House Guests
- Observe Care Givers when you lose confidence in their work
- Log the incidents of Maintenance Men coming in when they're not needed
- Document Kids' behavior
- Observe your Spouse while you're away
- Gather evidence of Child Abuse
- Check for improper care taking in an Assisted Living environment
- Monitor for Drug Abuse
- Security camera for your car or truck
- Dash camera for your vehicle
What are the Features of the ZMax Hidden Spy Camera?
- 24/7 Scheduled recording: mark specific hours and days for different recording triggers
- PIR triggered recording: Select this to record only when body heat affects the ambient temperature in a room.
- External trigger record function: Z-Max can be triggered by external devices such as smoke detectors, vibration detectors, door/window sensors & more.
- Review footage off SD card using a Windows PC or Mac computer
- Vibration activated recording
- 180 days standby time using Vibration or PIR triggering.
- Motion recording: Save memory by only recording when camera sees movement.
- Day/Night recording mode: Set to "day mode" if the environment always has adequate lighting. Set to "night mode" to turn on the IR night vision. Set to "auto" if the lighting condition will change.
- Multi auto-start modes: Connect to a 5V DC adapter or car adapter with the ability to turn on/off when the car turns on/off.
- Up to 12 hours continuous recording battery life.
- No gap video: Save video in 10 / 15 / 20 minute maximum portions.
- Time & date stamp video files using the Custom Settings program, available for free download on this page or at the manufacturer's website.
- Variable record resolution: Use 1280x720 for Hi-definition video or standard definition @ 640x360 to record for longer periods.
- Disable audio recording: If you don't need to record audio disable it and save room on your SD card.
- Voice-Trigger Recording: Variable sensitivity to noise activated recording
What's Included with the ZMax Hidden Covert Security Camera?
- ZMax Hidden Security Camera - IR
- 5V DC Adapter
- USB 2.0 cable
- Quick Start Guide
- 1 Year Manufactures Warranty
Not the Right Zetta Max Recorder for Your Situation? We have a Robust Line of ZMax Options that will Fit Any Situation
ZMax Hidden Security Camera - Micro - Need the smallest possible camera with the longest battery life? Smaller than a stack of business cards with an 8 hour battery, this compact camcorder saves video at 640x480 and records either all the time, with motion triggers, or can even run for up to 3 months using vibration triggers. As with all models of the ZMax family, this camcorder can record audio as well as video. Click Here
Zetta Max Hidden Security Camera - Swivel - Do you need a camera that could be placed in different areas of a room? Our ZMax Swivel has you covered with its' 160 degree field of view, high def 720p video camera that can swivel around 180 degrees to get the angle you need. Along with all our other Zetta Max cameras, the ZMax Swivel can record audio. Leave it in an area for up to 10 hours of battery life, or leave it plugged into a wall so it's always on, always watchful. Click Here
WiFi Zetta Max Hidden Security Camera - Love the Zetta Max family, but need something with remote access? The ZMax Wifi is tied to the WiFi of a location so you can see and hear everything with a live stream to your smartphone or tablet, with push notifications to alert you when motion is detected. The camcorder records video at 1280x720 resolution and can record for a maximum of 8 hours before running out of power, unless you leave it plugged into a wall. Click Here
- Operation Temperature: 0 to 45degC (32 to 113degF)
- Watch Recordings on PC or MAC
- Measurements: 8.8 x 4.3 x 1.9 cm
- Battery: 1200mAh 3.7V Li-ion battery
- 5V Power Supply: 5V, 600mA DC adapter with mini USB out
- Power Consumption: 100mA
- Charge Time: 6-8 Hours
- Nonstop Record Time: Maximum 12 hours
- Standby Time: Maximum 90 days (Using vibration trigger & power saving mode with fully charged battery)
- Sensor Quality: 1280 x 720
- Sensor Sensitivity: 1.3V/lux-sec
- Sensor FOV: 160 Degree Field of View
- Audio Recorder: Speech grade
- Memory: Max 64GB SD Card
- Memory Consumption: 15 minute/GB (high frame rate) 1 hour/GB (low frame rate)
- Recording Picture: HD 720p (1280x720) or 360p (640x360)
- Video Compression: JPEG
- Audio Recording: 12kSps, 8bit
- Audio Compression: PCM
- File Format: AVI
- USB: Mass storage device
- OS supported: Windows 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10, Mac OS X
Q: What is the average battery life I can expect to get off of the IR ZMax?
A: The IR Zetta Max offers a 12 hour battery life, with motion detection. So depending on the amount of motion the camera sees will determine how long it will record. You can also set the device to record based on Body Heat triggering, which will put it in standby for up to 180 days.
Q:What field of view will the IR ZMax get me?
A:The IR Zetta Max will get you a 160 degree field of view.
Q:What is the video quality of the IR Zetta Max?
A:The IR ZMax offers a recording resolution of HD 720P (1280x720)
Q: How does the camera detect movement?
A: The Camera uses a Passive Infrared Sensor to detect heat like a Driveway alert kit does or a motion sensor for an alarm system. This helps cut down on false alerts and allows for maximum battery life.
Q: I put the camera on motion activation, but It didn't record the event, what happened?
A: The Camera utilizes a PIR trigger, a vibration trigger as well as an audio trigger that can be customized through the app. Since the triggers can sometimes kick on when nothing is there and miss crucial events it's recommended to only use this mode once you've done a few tests in the area you will be using this hidden camera in.
Q: How good is the audio on the device?
A: Surprisingly good, it can capture audio roughly 10-15Ft away in a quiet environment. All environments are different though, and it's recommended to preform a few tests to make sure that the audio will capture what you need.
Q: How good is the video? Can I see License Plates?
A: This camera is not built to capture license plates specifically, in the right situation, at the right height and in optimal settings (day time) you may be able to get a license plate. The camera records at 1280 x 720 resolution (HD Quality). We recommend preforming a test run and adjust the location of the camera to make sure you can get the data needed.
Q: I want to use it to protect my car, will it still work on a hot summer day?
A: The camera can still work at 113°F, beware that it will be much hotter inside of a car. If you absolutely need to use this device on a hot summer day, we recommend to park your car in the shade.
Q: Why is the night vision not working?
A: The Night Vision mode is not a default setting, in order to turn this mode on make sure the device is set in custom setting mode, and turn on the IR in the application software.
Q: How well does the night vision work?
A: Roughly 10-15Ft.
Q: Is the Video Date and Time Stamped?
Q: Whats the largest SD Card I can use?
Q: Do I need special Software to play the recorded video files?
A: No this unit records all of its video into an AVI format so you can use any video player (Windows Media Player, VLC Media Player ) to watch your recorded videos.
Q: Can I download my videos on a PC and Mac?
A: Yes. If you own a Mac we recommend downloading VLC media player for Macs to view your recorded videos.